NEWS! Official Android-x86 4.0-RC2 Released !! We will show you Howto add ARM emulation! (the easy way)
Hello Again, we have fresh news for all of you guys, this time Chih Wei Huang did his magic releasing a lot of builds, one of the most important things of that releases is that ALL THE ISOS ARE READY TO APPLY THE ARM EMULATION (the houdini stuff :D), and the second one (this is important to me.. hehe) NEW GAPPS, nice!.
But this isnt all, there are much more.. (copy/paste from the Android-x86 site and edit a bit)
Android-x86 4.0-RC2 (Ics-x86).
The Android-x86 project is glad to announce 4.0-RC2 release to public. This is a second release candidate for Android-x86 4.0 stable release. Live CD ISOs are available from our sites, as usual
The 4.0-RC2 release is based on the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich branch). We have fixed and added x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for tablets and netbooks. Except the features in 4.0-RC1 Based in 4.0.3, the additional features in this release are:
- Kernel 3.0.36 with more drivers and bug fixes.
- Enable Dalvik JIT compiler support.
- Support some 3G modem.
- Ready to run arm translator. (You still need to install Intel’s libraries from BuilDroid) (Edited by314: but NOW, we dont need to do all that stuff explained in the buildroid site, we just need download and copy some files from there, I will explain that below, this is very easy.)
- Physical keyboard layout selection.
- Support two cameras.
- Fake SD card is replaced by internal storage support.
We create targets optimized for different x86 platforms. Choose a suitable image for your platform.
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-amd_brazos.iso for AMD Brazos platform sha1sum: 41685b2fd9a0fcd101fc21aeb84882015a6fd976
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-eeepc.iso for ASUS Eee PC family sha1sum: 1953717ac1d606d57fc7d7293b367f8025c51b65
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-asus_laptop.iso for some ASUS Laptops/Tablets sha1sum: fa4a38fcb3e0191523b1673114d9fa076c461671
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-tegav2.iso for Tegav2 tablet sha1sum: 106b07aee820511077980275cc744c4327352394
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-s103t.iso for Lenovo S10-3t tablet sha1sum: 3ca23c78183da7b23f516f9c507d60d82b11ab5e
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-thinkpad.iso for IBM thinkpad tablet sha1sum: bc99ec3ace54c0c15c92e4e8eca87385c130ec1d
- android-x86-4.0-RC2-tx2500.iso for HP tx2500 sha1sum: 303765d6da5fdb7d8d3979575f0728185e6fb120
The iso files are hybrid format. That means you can dump the iso into a usb drive and get a bootable usb stick, like
$ dd if=android-x86-4.0-RC2-xxx.iso of=/dev/sdX
where /dev/sdX is the device name of your usb drive.
- Suspend and resume doesn’t work on some targets.
- Not support Ethernet.
Like you can see there is a lot of isos, and important updates, but to get working the ARM emulation we need to copy some files AFTER INSTALL Android-x86 in our devices.
To copy that files you can do it from a linux live installed in a pendrive like Puppy linux click to get a PDF HOWTO, and using the app “Root Explorer FileManager” in any case, DONT FORGET to install Android-x86 in READ/WRITE mode when the installer ask for it ( I wanna put here a picture to avoid mistakes).[app]com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer[/app]
(LINKS UPDATED (08-july-2014))
- Put the libhoudini.so to /android-4.0-RC2/system/lib using linux live, or in /system/lib if you are using Root Explorer FileManager.
- Put the libdvm_houdini.so to /android-4.0-RC2/system/lib using linux live, or in /system/lib if you are using Root Explorer FileManager.
- Download the file arm libs and extract that to /android-4.0-RC2/system/lib/arm using linux live, or in /system/lib/arm if you are using Root Explorer FileManager.
- And reboot.
This is all, tell me you that this is hard, hehe, very easy, uh?, if you want add FlashPlayer also, take a look at here : How-To: Add flash player to Android-x86.
And if you have a Eeepc T101MT or just a Generic Eeecp go to here: Android-x86 4.0.4-r2.1 (“Unofficial Releases” Generic EeePC and T101MT iso’s) Houdini(ARM)+FlashPlayer+Kernel 3.0.36